At our recent online chit chat, drama practitioner Edith Podesta shared a list of resources that would be useful for further reading when unpacking Dark Room (2016), and applied theatre. The list is below, as it was shared during the event.
- Saying it Right: Creating Ethical Verbatim Theatre. By Janet Gibson
- A Voice for the Voiceless: How effective is Verbatim Theatre in providing a platform for previously unheard or oppressed voices, and in prompting positive socio-political transformation? By Joseph Rynhart of ‘Untold Theatre UK’
- Verbatim: Staging Memory & Community. Edited by Paul Brown for Currency Press
- DARK ROOM | by Edith Podesta: Creation Process:
- Dialogue with the artists Edith and Natalie
- A ROOM OF THEIR OWN. Published: 12 Aug 2016
On work with Prisons
- Lloyd, Peter. Inside Story: From ABC Foreign Correspondent to Singapore Prisoner #12988. Crows Nest, N.S.W.: Allen & Unwin, 2010. Print.
- Teo, Soh Lung. Beyond the Blue Gate: Recollections of a Political Prisoner. Petaling Jaya: Strategic Information and Research Development Centre, 2010. Print.
- Tan, Lediati. “Life Was Better for Me in Prison.” News | Asiaone News. Singapore Press Holdings, 05 Feb. 2012. Web.
- Roth, Mitchel P. Prisons and Prison Systems: A Global Encyclopedia. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2006. Print.
- Wilde, Oscar. “De Profundis (Latin: “from the Depths”).” Letter to Lord Alfred Douglas. Mar. 1897. Reading Gaol, Reading, Berkshire, England.
- Yellow Ribbon Project http://www.yellowribbon.org.sg
- Community Action for the Rehabilitation of Ex-offenders (CARE) http://www.carenetwork.org.sg
- Singapore After-Care Association (SACA) http://www.saca.org.sg
- Singapore Prison Service (Community and Family Engagement Branch) http://www.prisons.gov.sg/
- Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises (SCORE) http://www.score.gov.sg
- Theatre for Dreams 2017 – Esplanade’s Community Engagement with Singapore Boys Home Link: https://www.facebook.com/EsplanadeSG/videos/1168108223326763