Singapore Drama Educators Association (SDEA) is Singapore's leading organisation for drama educators, school teachers and theatre professionals.
We are a cause and profession driven organisation with a vision that drama is a vital element in the development and transformation of an individual in society.
SDEA aims to foster and establish drama education as a profession. It works closely with NAC (National Arts Council) MOE (Ministry of Education), NIE (National Institute of Education), WDA (Workforce Development Authority) as well as local and international learning institutions and professionals to raise the bar on drama education practices in schools and communities.
- Better your industry by being part of a stronger voice to create, innovate and bring valuable changes to drama education and drama educators.
- Engage in professional development with generous member discounts to workshops, master classes as well as events. Gain insight to new ideas, strategies and challenges to keep current in your career.
- Be a part of forums and discussions that affect the policies, national benchmarking, as well as the educational and arts landscape in Singapore
- Raise your standards and standing by volunteering on SDEA sub-committees. Being part of special projects, research or contributing to SDEA’s in house journal Dramatize! builds your resume.
- Be a part of a bigger network of local and international drama educators, artists and professionals from diverse career fields for friendship, networking and collaborations.
Masterclass by Janet Pillai
Arts as a Tool in Community Engagement
How do artists select appropriate mediums and develop appropriate programming for the communities they work with?
Designed specially for artists, artist educators and pedagogues of all art forms, this master class looks at innovative methods to inspire and challenge community groups.
Participants of this master class will also receive a copy of Janet's resource kit, Community-based Arts and Culture Education. This useful book features
- the general philosophy behind arts-education
- tools to plan, design and execute community-based arts projects
- case studies of best practice programmes or project-based learning
- templates and 13 sample lesson plans (adaptable to any context)
- short academic articles on educational perspectives and principles of arts education and history of arts collectives in SEA
Please click HERE for registration and more details.
SDEA Theatre Arts Conference 2015
CALL FOR PROPOSAL closes on Wednesday, 1 October 2014