Singapore Drama Educators Association (SDEA) is Singapore's leading organisation for drama educators, school teachers and theatre professionals.
We are a cause and profession driven organisation with a vision that drama is a vital element in the development and transformation of an individual in society.
SDEA aims to foster and establish drama education as a profession. It works closely with NAC (National Arts Council) MOE (Ministry of Education), NIE (National Institute of Education), WDA (Workforce Development Authority) as well as local and international learning institutions and professionals to raise the bar on drama education practices in schools and communities.
- Better your industry by being part of a stronger voice to create, innovate and bring valuable changes to drama education and drama educators.
- Engage in professional development with generous member discounts to workshops, master classes as well as events. Gain insight to new ideas, strategies and challenges to keep current in your career.
- Be a part of forums and discussions that affect the policies, national benchmarking, as well as the educational and arts landscape in Singapore
- Raise your standards and standing by volunteering on SDEA sub-committees. Being part of special projects, research or contributing to SDEA’s in house journal Dramatize! builds your resume.
- Be a part of a bigger network of local and international drama educators, artists and professionals from diverse career fields for friendship, networking and collaborations.
Connections II : Creating Performances - Short and Sweet
1 November 2014, 10am - 4pm @ Goodman Arts Centre
Teachers and trainers are often tasked to create short but complete performances with their students for different school events. How does one create these with imagination and craft, within limited school resources and time, and in the process, allow all involved to have fun, to learn and to grow? SDEA presents two workshops led by experienced facilitators offer two possible methodologies. Recommended for teachers and drama practitioners who want to create performances with students.
WORKSHOP 1 : Devising Strategies facilitated by Patricia Toh 10am to 1pm
WORKSHOP 2 : 15 Minutes of Drama facilitated by Marianne Sim 10am to 1pm
FORUM DISCUSSION: Competitions in Arts Education - GOOD OR BAD? 2pm to 4pm
For more information and registration, please click HERE.
SDEA Theatre Arts Conference 2015
CALL FOR PROPOSAL closes on Wednesday, 1 October 2014